An independent open source project dedicated to help Bitcoin to develop in a sustainable way. It was originally registered and owned by Bitcoin’s first two developers, Satoshi Nakamoto and Martti Malmi.
- The Bitcoin Whitepaper
The original Bitcoin whitepaper by Satoshi Nakamoto.
- The Bitcoin Wiki
A public resource for the community of Bitcoin users, developers, and businesses as well as anyone interested in Bitcoin.
A beginner’s Guide to Cryptocurrency and Blockchain, presented in a clear and comprehensible way.
- We Use Coins
A project that aims to be an easy reference point for all activity in the space of cryptocurrency and Blockchain technology.
A website dedicated to making Bitcoin mining easier to understand and more accessible for beginners.
- WTF is Ethereum?
A simple website dedicated to giving meaningful answers to this question regardless of your background.
- How are cryptocurrencies taxed?
An in-depth guide on how cryptocurrencies are taxed, covering everything from airdrops to staking and mining taxes.
- What is Bitcoin? by We Use Coins
- What is Bitcoin Mining? by bitcoinmining.com
- What is Blockchain? by World Economic Forum
- Andreas M. Antonopoulos
Andreas is one of the world’s foremost bitcoin and open blockchain experts being known for delivering electric talks transliterating the complex issues of blockchain technology out of the abstract and into the real world.
- Banking on Bitcoin
A Netflix documentary from 2016 showing the players who are defining how the most disruptive invention since the Internet will shape our lives.
- Cryptocurrencies: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
An introduction to today’s crypto world by John Oliver on HBO’s Last Week Tonight. Key Message: Be careful with cryptocurrencies and avoid scams.
- Vitalik Buterin – Ethereum creator, cryptocurrency evangelist.
- Bitcoin Tech Talk – All About Bitcoin Development.
- Tuur Demeester – Economist & investor, editor in chief at Adamant Research.
- Vinny Lingham – CEO of Civic.com.
- Nicolas Dorier – Main developer of NBitcoin. CTO at Metaco SA.
- Nick Tomaino – Tech investor @RunaCapital.
- Eric Lombrozo – Co-CEO & CTO Ciphrex Corp., Bitcoin Core contributor.
- Jimmy Song – Bitcoin Developer and Entrepreneur.
- Linda Xie – Product Manager @Coinbase. Advisor @0xProject.
- Fred Ehrsam – Previously co-founder @Coinbase, trader @GoldmanSachs, computer science @DukeU.
- Token Economy – Making sense of the latest in crypto-land: cryptocurrencies, blockchains, ICOs, dapps & the growing token economy.
- CoinMarketcap – Old and cool. All coins prices, graphs, market caps. API, widgets, tools. Used by 90M monthly users.
- Coincap – CoinCap tracks market data for hundreds of cryptocurrencies in real-time. They also have very useful mobile app.
- Cryptowatch – Live price charts and market data for Bitcoin, Ethereum, and more. Many exchanges, flexible settings and cool API.
- Bitcoinwisdom – Live Bitcoin/Litecoin charts with EMA, MACD and other indicators. Support many exchanges (Bitfinex, Bitstamp, Coinbase, Bittrex, Poloniex etc).
- Flippening Watch – When will Ethereum overtake Bitcoin and become the most important cryptocurrency?
- Coindex – Beautiful cryptocurrency price tracker for iOS.
- WorldCoinIndex – Realtime cryptocurrency price monitoring tool. Lots of altcoins and many fiat currencies.
- CryptTrader – Cryptocurrency trading platform. Charts, news and trollbox. Add widgets to customize the look.
- Coin Daily Update – Daily email update with price changes of customizable coins.
- Coindera – Real time cryptocurrency price alerts for 2,000+ coins on 25+ exchanges.
- Cryptocurrency CLI – Cryptocurrency portfolio on the command line.
- ckandr – A command-line cryptocurrency price ticker specifically for popular Indian cryptocurrency exchanges.
- CoinAlyze – Cryptocurrency real-time charts, price levels, statistics and candlestick patterns detection.
- Cryptomon – Modern trading indicators and price predictions based on machine intelligence.
- MoonHash – Cryptocurrency portfolio, price monitoring and telegram monitoring Google Chrome Extension
- Coincall – Simplest web-based crypto price and portfolio tracker.
- Owl Crypto – Cryptocurrency percentage change monitor.
- Coin Market Manager – Smart, accurate, Portfolio tracking. Realtime Breakeven and Profit Loss features.
- BestBitcoinExchange – Curated list of 35 popular exchanges. Looks SEOish but does the job well.
- Local Bitcoins – Buy and sell bitcoins near you. Trusted by 10M monthly users.
- CoinBase – USA. Trust: 5/5. Pay with fiat.
- Kraken – USA. Trust: 5/5. Founded in 2011.
- Bittrex – USA. Trust: 3.8/5. Many altcoins.
- CEX.IO – UK. Trust: 5/5. Fiat. Newbie friendly.
- Shapeshift – No login, fast, awesome API.
- Changelly – Fiat, nice affiliate program.
- Cryptoradar – Compares prices and features from > 25 exchanges and brokers.
- Binance – Modern exchange with the lowest fees and it’s own token.
- Kucoin – Modern. Evolving really fast. Has it’s own token.
- Guarda Exchange – Anonymous crypto exchange and wallet.
- DDEX – Decentralized, non-custodial token to token trading powered by 0xproject and Hydro.
- ForkDelta – One of the earliest and still most popular decentralized exchanges.
- ChangeNOW – Limitless and fast coin swaps free of custody.
- n.exchange – Open source non-custodial exchange with fiat, a great API and a non-custodial cross chain order book.
- Coinality – Coinality is free service connecting crypto employers and job seekers.
- Cryptogrind – Bitcoin freelance platform.
- Blockchain Dev Jobs – Curated list of jobs from around the web for blockchain engineers.
- Ethlance – Hire or work for ETH.
- /r/Jobs4Bitcoins/ – Place on Reddit to offer your talents and skills in exchange for the fastest growing currency in the world.
- Crypto.jobs – Well categorized jobs list. Owner does a lot to promote it.
- Beincrypto – Aggregates all the crypto jobs from major job boards.
- Crypto Jobs List – Curated jobs from top verified blockchain companies.
- Bitcoin Core – Bitcoin Core is MIT licensed open source Bitcoin wallet. It runs own full node so 145GG of free disk space is required. OSX/Linux/Windows/Ubuntu.
- Blockchain.info – World’s most popular digital wallet. Mobile apps included.
- Electrum – Thin Bitcoin client. Opensource, MIT, has 100+ contributors.
- Exodus – Exodus is the first desktop multi-asset wallet with ShapeShift built in.
- MyEtherWallet – Opensource webapp to access Ethereum. Old and reliable. ERC20 support. Loved by phishers!
- Coinomi – Supports many altcoins, fast and has perfect UI (closed source now).
- Jaxx – Reliable, Jaxx supports many of the leading cryptocurrency platforms. Crossplatform.
- Ledger Hardware – Reliable hardware wallet. Supports BTC/ETH/ETC/DASH/DOGE and many more coins and ERC20 tokens.
- Trezor Hardware – The first & most secure hardware wallet. Supports BTC/ETH/ETC/DASH/ and many more coins and ERC20 tokens.
- CoinBase – Buy Bitcoin for $, NFC payments, requested payments.
- MyCelium – Geeky wallet, easy to set miners fee, rich transaction details.
- Samourai – Secure Bitcoin wallet for Android.
- WalletList – Showcase your public cryptocurrency addresses.
- Blockfolio – Cryptocurrency management, with easy to use tools to keep track of all your cryptocurrency investments. Nice widgets. Simple. Android/iOS.
- ACrypto – Track bitcoin and altcoins prices, custom alarms, detailed charts. Flexible, many settings, informative. Available for iOS & Android.
- Altpocket – The only tool you need for showcasing, tracking and sharing your cryptocurrency investments.
- Coinfyi – Track your performance, news & market signals related to your cryptocurrency investments. Anonymous. Simple. Free.
- f0lio – Beatutiful cryptocurrency portfolio management for mobile devices.
- BitWorth – Cryptocurrency Net Worth Tracker for iOS.
- CoinDex – iOS app that lets you stay up to date with the cryptocurrency markets you want to watch.
- Delta – Ultimate cryptocurrency portfolio tracker tool for iOS & Android.
- Crypto Central – Bitcoin & cryptocurrency portfolio tracker for iOS/Android.
- Cryptagon – Powerful app to track portfolio. Automatic imports from exchanges.
- Cryptonomy – Portfolio tracking, social, forum, chat, ico listings, news aggregator, crypto academy. Android/iOS.
- wallmine – Track both cryptocurrencies and stocks; screeners, heatmaps, news, push notifications.
- CoinTracker – Cryptocurrency asset tracker that automatically pulls all balances and transactions from exchanges and cryptocurrency wallets.
- Coin Beat – Crypto tracker for managing over 1300 crypto currencies. Get instant push notification on price activity. iOS and Android.
- QR Code Generator – With this free tool you can instantly generate QR code for your Bitcoin/Litecoin/Ethereum/Dogecoin address.
- Block Explorer – Discover the Bitcoin blockchain blocks online. Includes fees and miners information.
- EtherScan – Block Explorer and Analytics Platform for Ethereum.
- ETH Gas Station – Consumer oriented metrics for the Ethereum Gas Market.
- Metamask – Run Ethereum dApps right in your browser without running full node.
- ATM Map – Find Bitcoin ATM’s in your country.
- Statoshi – Realtime Bitcoin node stats. Made by Jameson Lopp.
- RSIhunter – Find “oversold” and “overbought” cryptocurrencies.
- CryptoFinance – Google Sheets add-on to get cryptocurrencies rate in spreadsheets.
- Vanitygen Plus – Generate custom key addresses for 90+ coins.
- CoinPop.me – Create shareable page for all your cryptocurrency donation addresses.
- If You Had Bought Crypto – How rich would you be if you had invested in your favourite Cryptocurrency?
- Vaulty.io – Accept any cryptocurrency for your website, blog, or for general personal use with just one link.
- Bitcoin Flip Trading simulator – 101% realistic and fun crypto trading Simulator for Beginners!
- QWallet – Search & view the value of any Ethereum wallet, create your own token portfolio.
- Ethplorer – Block explorer and analytics platform for Ethereum.
- EtherChain – Ethereum Blockchain Explorer.
- Trivial.co – Network explorer and analytics platform for Ethereum and ERC-20 tokens.
- HappyDApps – Web 3.0 browser compatibility check.
- The Cryptoverse – Your cryptocurrency news dose.
- World Crypto Network – Informative news digests.
- Crypt0 – Omar is one of the most popular crypto bloggers. He creates fascinating interviews.
- Ameer Rosic – News, interviews, podcasts and reviews.
- aantonop – Presentations, discussions, QA by Andreas, the author of “Mastering Bitcoin”.
- CoinSummit – CoinSummit records: startups showcases, discussions and presentations.
- BitcoinFilm – Short films about people using Bitcoin.
- Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Course – Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies course. 12 videos, each 45-90 mins.
- CryptoPortfolio – YouTube channel reviewing ICOs and various cryptocurrencies.
- CryptoBud – Technical and fundamental analysis on how to invest in cryptocurrencies.
- Cryptotips – Heidi provides you with insights into projects, ICOs and ecosystem, as well as creating videos for beginners.
- EtherCasts – Ancient Ethereum news, reviews and interviews channel.
- Bitcoin Playlist – Great list of 55 Bitcoin talks.
- Decentralized TV – Blockchain, Bitcoin, and Cryptocurrency News, Culture, and Entertainment.
- Crypto Daily – Crypto news on (mostly) daily basis.
- Ulterior States – Real-life conversations with some thought leaders within the Bitcoin ecosystem. The film took 3 years to complete.
- The Bitcoin Doco – Fascinating story focusing on the emergence of new world wide currency.
- Life Inside Secret Chinese Bitcoin Mine – Interesting story about the miners of the new millenium.
- Mastering Bitcoin – Mostly for developers. The second edition was published in June 2017.
- The Internet of Money – Significance of bitcoin through series of essays spanning the exhilarating maturation of this technology.
- Ethereum – Non-technical guide to understand blockchains. Mostly focused on Ethereum.
- The Age of Cryptocurrency – Insight into the modern financial system and the Bitcoin industry.
- Programming Cryptocurrencies and Blockchains – Learn to build your own blockchains and peer-to-peer central bank nodes from scratch.
- Coursera Course – Telling what is special about Bitcoin and how it works at technical level. Created by Princeton University.
- Udemy Course – The definitive guide to understand what the bitcoin is and why we should care about them.
- Khan’s Academy Course – The very basics of how blockchain, Bitcoin and encryption works.
- Pluralsight Course – Introduction to Bitcoin and decentralized technology for beginners.
- University of Nicosia MOOC – University of Nicosia´s free MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) DFIN-511: Introduction to Digital Currencies.
- Shapeshift – Embed exchange in your app. Trusted by hundreds of apps.
- Bittrex – Almighty API. You can do anything with it.
- Poloniex – The biggest exchange API. PHP and Python wrapper.
- CryptoWatch – Public REST API, providing basic information about all markets on Cryptowatch.
- Microsoft BaaS – Blockchain as Service (BaaS) from Microsoft Azure.
- CoinMarketCap – Powerful JSON API covering 1000+ coins. Limit: 1 request per 6 sec.
- CoinCap – Simple and informative. Lots of altcoins. History data. No limits.
- ChangeNOW – Easy integration of the cryptocurrency exchange. Limitless and fast coin swaps free of custody.
- Bitpay – Use BitPay’s retail, ecommerce, billing, and donation tools to accept payments.
- Gekko – Free and open source trading bot. GUI, CLI, NodeJS, nice docs. 18 exchanges (including Bitfinex, Bitstamp and Poloniex).
- Zenbot – Free and open source trading bot. CLI, NodeJS. GDAX, Poloniex, Kraken, Bittrex, Quadriga and Gemini.
- Web3.js – Ethereum JS API. Requires nodejs, npm and running node.
- OpenZeppelin – OpenZeppelin is open framework of reusable and secure smart contracts in the Solidity language. 1500+ Slack community members.
- GETH – CLI tools for Ethereum. Python, C++, Go implementations.
- Embark – Framework for serverless Decentralized Applications using Ethereum, IPFS and other platforms. JS.
- Truffle – The most popular framework for Ethereum. JS.
- Ropsten Ethereum Faucet – Instantly get ether to experiment on the Ropsten testnet.
- Kovan Ethereum Faucet – Instantly get ether to experiment on the Kovan testnet.
- CCXT – JS/Python/PHP library for cryptocurrency trading and e-commerce with support for many exchanges and merchant APIs.
- QuikNode – Cloud-hosted Ethereum nodes for developers and investors.
- Consensys Academy – Getting started resources by Consensys.
Podcasts (Updated 2019)
- Epicenter – The Podcast at the Forefront of the Decentralized Technology Revolution.
- Bitcoin Knowledge – Learn about blockchain and fintech.
- BlockChannel – Dedicated to educating the world on the power of blockchain based technologies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and ZCash.
- [Off The Chain] (https://blockworksgroup.io/off-the-chain-podcast) – Host Anthony “Pomp” Pompliano talks to some of the most respected names in crypto and Wall Street to find out how intelligent investors from the new and old financial system are thinking about digital assets.
- [Unchained: Your No-Hype Resource for All Things Crypto] (https://unchainedpodcast.com) – This weekly, hour-long podcast with host Laura Shin dives deep into the people building the decentralized internet, the details of this technology that could underpin our future, and some of the thorniest topics in crypto, such as regulation, security and privacy.
- [What Grinds My Gears] (https://blockworksgroup.io/what-grinds-my-gears-podcast) – From Meltem Demirors and Jill Carlson, What Grinds My Gears is a podcast about the bizarre and buzzworthy happenings in the world of cryptocurrency. Each week, they delve into one key theme in crypto, and examine this theme through a broader financial, political, and cultural lens
- [What Bitcoin Did] (https://www.whatbitcoindid.com/podcast) – In this podcast you will hear host Peter McCormack speak with crypto traders, miners, venture capitalist, investors, technical developers, CEOs, journalist and other people driving forward the growth of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
- [Untold Stories with Charlie Shrem] (https://blockworksgroup.io/untold-stories-podcast) – Host Charlie Shrem dives deep into the lives and personal histories of some of crypto’s most influential leaders.
- [Tales From The Crypt] (https://anchor.fm/tales-from-the-crypt) – Tales from the Crypt is a podcast hosted by Marty Bent about Bitcoin. Join Marty, Editor in Chief of “the best newsletter in crypto”, as he sits down to discuss Bitcoin with interesting people.
- [The Token Daily with Soona Amhaz] (https://blockworksgroup.io/the-token-daily-podcast) – Host soona amhaz sits down with the movers and shakers of the crypto industry to discuss the big ideas they spend their days thinking about. Soona and her guests examine everything from industry trends, to what books they’re reading, to human psychology and investing.
- [The Flippening] (https://blog.nomics.com/category/flippening/) – Flippening is for cryptocurrency investors. Each week host Clay Collins discusses the cryptocurrency economy, new investment strategies for maximizing returns, and stories from the front lines of financial disruption.
- [The Chain Reaction Podcast] (https://fiftyonepercent.podbean.com) – Host Tom Shaughnessy of Delphi Digital converses with the top names in crypto and blockchain.
- [Unconfirmed: Insights and Analysis From the Top Minds in Crypto] (https://unchainedpodcast.com/category/unconfirmed/) – This weekly crypto podcast reveals how the marquee names in crypto are reacting to the week’s top headlines. With host Laura Shin, the guests also discuss what they’re thinking about these days and reveal what they believe is on the horizon in crypto
- [The Unhashed Podcast] (https://www.spreaker.com/show/the-unhashed-podcast-bitcoin-blockchain-) – Unhashed breaks down the latest in Bitcoin news and developments and puts them into terms everyone can understand. Expect to be both entertained and educated about cryptocurrencies and blockchain.
- [The Scoop] (https://www.theblockcrypto.com/the-scoop-podcast) – The Block’s team, led by Frank Chaparro, draw out the freshest and deepest insights about digital assets from traditional Wall Street, crypto native, Fortune 500 and many other crypto ecosystem leaders.
- [Base Layer] (https://acrabaselayer.podbean.com) – Base Layer with host David Nage will be providing insights from founders and investors in the base layer of cryptoassets.
- [Blockchain Innovation: Interviewing The Brightest Minds In Blockchain] (https://blockchain.global/blockchain-innovation/) – Blockchain Innovation is where host Frederick Munawa interviews the brightest minds in Blockchain and cryptocurrency — entrepreneurs, executives, and top academics — to discuss present and future applications of Blockchain Technology.
- [Blockchain Insider] (https://bi.11fs.com/) – Blockchain Insider, hosted by Simon Taylor and Colin Platt is a dedicated podcast specializing in Bitcoin, Blockchain and distributed ledger technology (DLT). Simon and Colin break down the week’s news with expertise and enthusiasm for the blockchain and digital currency sector.
- [Let’s Talk Crypto] (https://schoolofcrypto.com) – Let’s Talk Crypto with Barry Moore and Tom Galeski breaks it all down in easy to understand terms and helps you “learn and earn” in the age of cryptocurrencies.
- [Blockchain 2025] (https://podcast.bitcoin.com/s9-Blockchain-2025) – Blockchain is a technology that will disrupt nearly every industry. Host Matt Aaron and Blake Moore explore one industry in every episode.
- [IBM Blockchain Pulse] (https://www.ibm.com/blogs/blockchain/category/podcast) – Host and blockchain-evangelist Matt Hooper engages with the planet’s most dynamic blockchain thought-leaders, explorers and innovators to discover the countless new ways blockchain is leaping from theory to reality: From entertainment to identity, from payments to secure supply-chain transparency.
- [Messari’s Unqualified Opinions] (https://blockworksgroup.io/unqualified-opinions) – Unqualified Opinions is a podcast hosted by Messari’s CEO Ryan Selkis featuring candid, fast-paced interviews with crypto’s top builders and investors.
- [The Bitcoin Podcast Network] (https://thebitcoinpodcast.com/category/podcast) – One of the ‘originals’ and hands-down one of the best sources of information on the crypto market available online today.
- [Crypto Street Podcast] (https://cryptostreetpod.podbean.com) – The Crypto Street Podcast is a cryptocurrency podcast hosted by the three Twitter influencers @K1llerWh4le, @13Prince31 and @CryptoDale. With a lot of humor, they address current market trends mixed with opinion-based discussions on the crypto-ecosystem.
- [Ledger Cast] (https://ledgerstatus.com/topic/ledgercast/) – Ledger Cast covers the cryptocurrency industry, including technical and trading analysis, fundamental analysis, and anything else crypto and blockchain related. The podcast is initiated by Ledger Status (@ledgerstatus) who is known for his in-depth technical analysis of cryptoassets.
- CoinWarz – Mining profitability calculators. Help choosing perfect coin to mine.
- WhatToMine? – Find the most profitable cryptocurrencies to mine.
- Bitcoin Difficulty – Realtime Mining Statistics.
- Mining pools – Mining pool hashrate distribution.
- WhatIsMyHashRate? – Measure your browser’s hashrate.
- CoinHive – Install JS miner on your website.
- bfgminer – Multi-threaded miner for ASICs built in C.